Friday, June 10, 2011

hail

I really dislike hail. Disregarding ultimate consequences (floods, snow-ins, etc), it is the only weather pattern that is immediately dangerous when it falls on you. This makes it really inconvenient for everyone.



Actually, my least favorite weather pattern is "wintry mix," because I always want it to be an ice cream. But it never is. It's just gross, wet, cold mixture of rain, snow, and hail.

I do, however, like imagining what goes on inside a wintry mix, because I bet that the rain and snow feel the same way about the hail as I do.



I guess the only advantage to hail is that, as a word, it is used in many non-weather phrases. Which makes me laugh.

In political programming:



In sports or religious programming:




And, perhaps most prominently, in sci-fi programming:



Dammit, Jim! I'm a doctor, not a weatherman!

No comments:

Post a Comment